Benefits of Co-Education
Co-education means to study boys and boys together so that they know exactly the real meaning of competition and success in their life. Moreover, same courses, facilities, and methodology are used to train boys and girls together in the same institution. It is fact that boys and girls having different interests, aptitudes, character traits, behavior patterns but in co-education schools, they study and play combined under the same roof having a difference of interests and aptitudes.
The women who belong to lower castes in medieval India were not permitted to attend schools. Raja Ram Mohan Roy performed many activities for the improvement in the education sector. He fought against those who against girl education. He was a great social reformer and scholar and promotes other supporters to raise their voice against this practice and finally succeeded in his mission. His task was further promoted by many other social reformers. So, in modern society co-educational systems prevalent in almost every country in the world.
Women’s plays an important role in the reconstruction of the country. In the modern era, if women take part in politics and when they are becoming the Prime Minister of countries then their role played by women in a democratic set up can be well visualized by all people in the society. So for the growth of the country, it is very essential for girls to go either in boys or girls schools.
In co-education schools, boys and girls combine in the group learn moral values, respect for others, discipline and how to achieve goals in their life with determination, preserving, and hard work. Co-Education system improves the relationship between boys and girls and helps to remove any type of discrimination among them. In the modern era, all the countries give more preference to co-educational schools. Before 19-century education system was not good, girls were not sent to school for studies and only did home-based work. Only boys went to gurukuls for their studies.
In modern era boys and girls like education system due to many reasons. It helps the youngsters to get the confidence of working together. Boys and girls feel good to gather and study in the same environment. With coeducation system, they realize that girls and boys have equal rights and they hold both equal positions in society. They have learned skills and capabilities by studying together.
If boys and girls spent time together in studies, then there are more chances of eradicates differences in opinions, ideas that mostly exists among boys and girls. Co-education generates new outlook and perspective to live a life. From my point of view, Coeducation helps the youth to develop inner confidence as well as personality. Plato the Greek philosopher believes that co-education system is responsible for an all-round personality of the individual and increase confidence level among students.
In the past boys were stayed in gurukuls for education but in the past girls were deprived of the benefits of education because girls were not sent to gurukuls. Now co-education system is relevant in almost all countries of the world.
Advantages of the coeducational system
1. It is economical. Poor countries cannot afford separate schools for boys and girls. With coeducational schools, the government saves funds in infrastructure, furniture and so on.
2. It is also a fact that there is the shortage of trained teachers. If there are no coeducation schools it means a division of trained teachers in different schools.
3. Students assimilate with each other as a result team spirit develops among them by studying in co-educational schools.
4. Co-educational school removes the hesitation and shyness.
5. Students learn how to make the compromise and living in peaceful relationships with each other.
6. Co-education generates a spirit of healthy competition. It reduces gender bias in the students.
7. Co-education is the system of educating boys and girls together. No discrimination exists between boys and girls They both get the academic education as well as physical education together.
Disadvantages of Co-educational System
1. With Co-education system, there are more chances of involvement and personal feelings.
2. Opposite sex has more chances of mutual attraction. The students are more likely to sexually attract by studying together.
3. In Co-education schools, sometimes girls are commenting on some stupid comments.
4. Co-education system promotes physical attraction and love among boys and girls.